The Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies (ISTC) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR) is involved in interdisciplinary research, enhancement, technological transfer and training activities in the following scientific areas:
- Cognitive, communicative and linguistic processes: acquisition, elaboration, deficit, multimodality, communication technologies.
- Theory, analysis and technology of spoken language and of linguistic variability.
- Cognitive development, learning and socialization in children and non-human primates.
- Artificial intelligence, artificial life, artificial societies.
- Cognitive technologies, neural networks, autonomous robotics.
- Social cognition: behaviour, motivations, cultural transmission and cultural processes.
- Decision-making and cooperation technologies.
- Environmental quality, health and society: prevention, education, integration, handicap, technological planning.
AI2Life srl is spin-off company of ISTC-CNR engaged in the design, prototyping, engineering, production and commercialization of breakthrough Human-centred Artificial Intelligence (AI) innovative technological solutions, aimed at supporting the digital transformation, the competitiveness of industrial stakeholders, societal and environmental well-being.