Procedure to enroll in the Advanced School in AI
- Suggestion: before or after the application, contact the School to discuss your situation and how to possibly tailor the School on your needs and objectives and value the School opportunities.
- The candidate sends the application (in English or Italian) via email: the application should contain the information indicated below. Be sure to receive a reply email confirming your application has been received.
- The deadline for sending the application is: 2 October 2018
- After the application the candidate will be invited to a face-to-face interview (possibly through video-conference) with the Track Director of the Track of interest and collaborators.
- After the interview, the candidate will be communicated if admitted or not, and in case of a positive outcome the candidate will be proposed a specification of the Learning Program to follow based on the match between the candidate’s skills/aspirations and the opportunities offered by the School; the candidate will be also communicated if she/he earned a scholarship to support part of the fee payment.
Preparation of the application and its content
Each application will be considered on the basis of the candidate’s specific curriculum vitae, interests, sought objectives, and on the possibilities of the School, Tracks, and Tutors. We recommend you to convey in your application any information that will help us understand the context of your academic and personal achievements.
Before applying, read the School admission requirements and the requirements for the specific Track to which you are applying.
In order to apply to the School, you must provide the required information in one pdf document sent as attachment to an email sent to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use as email subject:
Application AS-AI 2018: Name Lastname
Name your application file:
The information to insert in the application pdf file is the following one (please, copy paste the following structure into the application document and highlight the different sections/sub-sections with visible titles/sub-titles):
- Anagraphical data:
– Name, Lastname
– Email address
– Phone number
- Specification of which Track you intend to apply for: MLA, CEN, CSS
- Specification of which Learning Path you intend to apply for: Upskilling, Company Internship, Research Internship
- Motivations for applying to the School
- Expectations from the School
- Desired possible future working career
- High-school: name of institute, city/country, final score
- Attended university: name, city/country, date of enrollment in first year, day of degree earned (or indication of time to expected time to accomplishment)
- Title of university degree
- List of passed university exams, each with marks
- Indication of university examinations still to be accomplished, if any
- Final university mark (if the degree has been already earned)
- Other education experiences (e.g. courses, previous masters, PhD: both if terminated or ongoing)
- Programming skills (not a prerequisite):
- General computer skills
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Programming languages
- Other relevant experiences
- If not able to program, any element that might indicate the potential (e.g., affinity for analytical and quantitative reasoning, math orientation, other experiences with computers)
- Knowledge of spoken and written English, possibly with mentioning of objective supporting elements (periods of experiences abroad, English proficiency tests, any other relevant experiences)
- Indication of relevant hobbies and interests, for example: computer science, math, computing software/hardware, electronic device making, mechanical skills, AI/psychology/neuroscience/other sciences interests and readings, philosophy interests, ethics interests, videogaming, virtual reality experiences, etc.
- Indication of any other hobby, and interest, possibly relevant information
- In case of selection of the Company Learning Program: project proposal on one of the MLA projects of interest of the candidate (between half and one page, not including possible references). Even when the student does not have previous knowledge on the usable AI techniques, she/he should nevertheless make an effort to sketch a project based on the current knowledge and expectations. Note: the proposal aims to test the candidate’s attitudes, while the actual project of work will be proposed/negotiated with the School.
- In case of selection of the Research Learning Program: project proposal on one of the CEN or CSS projects of interest of the candidate (between half and one page, not including possible references). Even when the student does not have previous knowledge on the usable AI techniques, she/he should nevertheless make an effort to sketch a project based on the current knowledge and expectations. Note: the proposal aims to test the candidate’s attitudes, while the actual project of work will be proposed by/negotiated with the School.
- Motivate the request of the scholarship
- Report the following disclaimer, in both Italian and English, related to the truth and treatment authorisation of the furnished data:
“Il sottoscritto dichiara la veridicita’ delle informazioni riportate in questo documento, pena l’annullamento della domanda e/o partecipazione alla Scuola. Il sottoscritto esprime il proprio consenso affinchè i dati personali forniti possano essere trattati, nel rispetto del D.Lgs 196/2003, per gli adempimenti connessi alla presente procedura.”
“I declare that all information provided is true: if not, I am aware this can leads to the cancellation of the application and/or participation in the School. I express my consent for the personal data provided to be processed, in compliance with Legislative Decree 196/2003, for the fulfillment of this procedure.”
- Date and signature